Recipes that are Low in Carbohydrates
Consuming low carbohydrate recipes means taking up carbohydrates in moderation since it restricts you from high-carbohydrate content foods. As a result of following a low-carb diet, people often dwell with eating foods high in protein and natural fats to sustain their bodily needs. Foods rich in protein limits your food intake since it can sustain your stomach’s cravings much longer.
Research has shown that losing weight and controlling your blood sugar is much easier by following a low-carb diet.
And since we’re talking about recipes, you can’t go home without having easy-to-do instructions and procedures on how to make different low -carb foods. The low carbohydrate recipes we have included below are ideal for people who usually craves for bread, tortillas, and even ice cream. Bread, tortillas, and ice cream are few of the foods that you can’t eat anytime when you are on a diet. But believe or not, you can now satisfy your cravings without feeling guilty.
Getting Creative With Recipes Advice
Low-carb bread recipe
Getting To The Point – Foods
Almond flour, 2 cups
1/4 cup Psyllium husk powder
1/4 cup of Coconut oil
baking powder, 1 tablespoon
1/2 cup of warm water
Sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 177 degrees Celsius and then get a parchment paper and place it on the bottom of a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Get a large bowl and stir almond flour, sea salt, baking powder, and psyllium husk powder inside it.
3. Take the eggs, coconut oil and warm water and stir them inside the large bowl altogether.
4. Transfer the batter to the loaf pan that you have prepared earlier.
5. Press the top of the batter evenly and form a rounded top.
6. Bake or 50 minutes-1 hour and then check if it’s already baked by inserting a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
7. Remove the baked bread once it cools completely.
Low-carb tortillas recipe
1/4 cup of psyllium husks ground
1 cup of almond flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp of coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
olive oil,1 tbsp
1/4 cup hot water
hot water, if needed
1. Get a small bowl and pour in the psyllium, add hot water and mix to form a gel.
2. Get another bowl and whisk the coconut flour, baking powder, almond flour, and sea salt.
3. Continuously knead the psyllium gel in the dry almond flour mixture until it is evenly distributed while adding hot water as needed.
4. Cut the dough to form 6 balls and then flatten the balls making it as thin as possible just like round tortilla shapes.
5. Heat oil to about 177 degrees Celsius inside a pancake grill and then grill the tortillas until browned.
Low carbohydrate ice cream recipe
1 cup of Heavy whipping cream
1.5 tablespoon of Coco powder
Swerve confectioner, 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon
two large egg yolks
2. Mix the swerve confectioner and heavy whipping cream inside a sauce pan in medium heat and then let it boil and later on reduce the heat to simmer.
2. Combine the coco powder to the simmering mixture and try to take as many chucks as possible.
3. Mix the vanilla extract and egg yolks in a separate bowl.
4. Stir the mixture of cream, coco powder, and sugar as it thickens and then remove it from heat to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk the cream mixture and egg yolks together until a you make slight froth.
6. Place it inside the freezer for 4-6 hours.